Friday, January 29, 2010

BORSCHT!

 
I cut vegetables, however I wanted. Carrots, Celery, Onion, Garlic, Orange Bell Pepper, Potato.

 
With the scraps from the vegetables, I made broth, later scooping out all the solids with a sieve.

 
Beets.

 
Lots of onion cooked up with Kerrygold Irish Butter, then adding all the other vegetables excepting the potato, which just went into the hot broth. After sauteing these veggies, I added some of the broth, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, some beer that happened to be in my hand and lots of dill.


 
Everything was then amassed together and set to simmer. This happened until the potato was soft. I then added the remainder of my homemade sauerkraut including all the juices.

 
Next up, the immersion blender took everything to pieces, nice and consistent.

 
No more chunks here. 
Then cream was added.
And it was good.


 
Supplemented here with a baguette of fine sourdough.
Delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I will attest to its goodness! Best Borsht I have ever tasted!! : )

    ReplyDelete