Saturday, January 16, 2010

Affectionate Portraits of Houseplants

Now that we have gotten to know each other, who ever you are reading this right now, I can expose my inner world to you. Inner as related to inside of my apartment, and outside of my kitchen. Over the last two and a half years I have hosted various potted lifeforms, some going by the way side (Scott, the spiky devil has been relinquished, only to possibly haunt our nightmares from the beyond the dumpster) and some becoming bonafide characters of the household. Although the following cast may not all become these iron-clad members of my abode, they all have a portrait as realized by my new camera (which I may or may not be using overzealously). So, either pass by this post with haste if it is that the simple idolization of various plants isn't your "thing" or enjoy the small glimpse into my living room. Without further ado:
 
Motley Crew.

 
Gentle Loner.

 
Mother-In-Law's Tongue and Wine.

 
Awkward Pariah.

More after the jump~



 
Untitled.

 
Erykah Badu.

  
Dumb Cane.

 
Persistent Rubber.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your plant family has grown considerably since our last visit. They're a lovely group. I'm saddened to tell you that the cuttings you sent didn't survive the trip. They looked as if they might have been frozen. I imagine them sitting out on some cold dock hoping for the warmth of St. Louis which came too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what good lookin babies you have!!! =]

    ReplyDelete