Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Election

Today, we in Seattle are voting, or should have voted already. I am crossing my fingers for the approval of Referendum 71, which would let the gays of Washington keep their partner benefits, and with its approval, I will be able to sleep knowing that our world hasn't entirely fallen apart. People still care about other people, even if they happen to do people of their same anatomy. Also, I'd like to see a win for McGinn, Constantine, Lacata, O'Brien, etc. I will come back with the results of the state of our world.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R-71 approved! Barely. I would like to know, who are these people who would vote against gay couples having rights? Forty-nine percent of Washington voters are that hateful and sick? I surely hope no-one thinks their God is telling them so, because that isn't the case no matter what religion or how much one thinks their hatred is justified and righteous. Even worse in Maine though, for they repealed gay marriage. A sad day. How long will it take for sense and caring to prevail?
On a different note, it looks as though the rest of our Seattle race is going my way, towards "the good guys." Seattle Mayor still has days of counting but McGinn is in the lead. Things may not be alright but at least I can see an election go my way.

Where hunger is concerned, I made bread the other day, one which required me to make a starter (biga) and leave it in the bread machine for a day. It is dense, as wheat will be, but it is good all the same. I am trying to find the best ways to make whole wheat amazing. I am working on it.

Good day.

--------------------------------

By the way, days and days later, our man, Mike McGinn officially pulled through in the race for mayor. Eat it Mallahan! So, that's good. My first fully satisfying election complete. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment