Monday, October 19, 2009

Upper Endoscopy

I remember nothing. Apparently, according to the pamphlet I was given days before, they inserted a small camera down my throat for investigation of my insides. Six hours later and I am still foggy. Mix this sedative with two cups of coffee and you are left with pages of abstract poesy and prose and the desire to visit the Ethiopian grocery to pick up Niter Kebbeh (that is, spiced butter) and Shiro flour. Which I did.
Still having not eaten, I am at once entirely unmotivated and ferociously hungry. My head swims a bit too.
Off to make Shiro Wot!

Def.: Shiro Wot - An Ethiopian stew consisting of garlic, onions, spiced butter, chickpea flour (shiro), berbere (ethiopian spice mix) and water.

2 comments:

  1. Yea! Sean! I'm excited about your blog. I can hardly wait for some recipes I hear Anne rave about. A little poetry would be nice as well.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete