Friday, July 22, 2011

Colbert on Queer

I must say that I haven't been paying the closest attention to the It Gets Better project. But, I know what it is and I know what the videos are saying. They aren't aimed at me. I am to be inspired by them, as a person of the world. And, knowing what they are, videos of people (celebrity and not) empowering gay, lesbian, transgendered and otherwise to not be ashamed of themselves, they give me hope for a world less barbaric, less thoughtlessly ideological. People are people, as Depeche Mode says, and if one happens to be born (yes, born, you thoughtlessly ideological among us) sexually attracted to another of the same sex, or possibly (the horror!) a color other than white, it doesn't fucking matter. We are one species among many and we won't be here forever. Live this life like it is the only one. If you think there is a heaven, act like there isn't. The Golden Rule and all that. Anyway, here is Stephen Colbert on the It Gets Better project:



And I am happy to say that this project was founded by Seattle native Dan Savage, of Savage Love fame. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that I can be somebody's hero. Thanks Stefan. I hope to continue gaining your admiration in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete