Friday, March 4, 2011

ZUPPA!

So, I have had some people (for whom I've made soup of varying shades and flavors) ask that I give them a recipe for vegetable soups, to which I say, there is no recipe for my soups. The way in which I make soup is to first check the fridge and pantry, extricating the vegetables that most urgently need cooking or that I most would like to use (as decided by the interface between those numerous taste nubs and my sensitive head organ). There are some things I always do, such as sauté copious onion and garlic. Mostly from there it is intuition. Today, though, I happened upon another Mark Bittman article, which much more eloquently (and with prettier pictures) illustrates the simplicity of this intuitive kitchen maneuver. He splits it into four categories: creamy, brothy, earthy and hearty. Here are the corresponding pictures for those categories (three soups per):

 
Hungry anyone?
Check out the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment